LF: Re: Strange Signals

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: Strange Signals
From: "Chris" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2006 21:07:12 -0000
Delivery-date: Sun, 08 Jan 2006 21:07:50 +0000
Sender: [email protected]

Hi Jim (M0BMU),

Thanks for your reply via this group on Friday. These Datatrak beacons are really strange sounding signals aren’t they? I imagine that there must be some form of encryption on the signal for fear of the vehicle being tracked and hijacked. But thanks for the clarification. These signals are very strong here in Oxfordshire, UK. Are these signals actually from beacons onboard vehicles or are they some form of command/control telemetry signal from a ground station to the beacons?

I would love to listen to you guys CQ on 136-137kHz but I’m using a long-wire and an AOR 7030 at the moment and my location is only 33 miles South of Rugby, hence, I’m getting hammered by the BT trials!!! Does anyone have any idea as to how long the trials will last?

Incidentally, I am in the process of looking at various LF loop designs with a view to erecting one but I think it’ll be weeks yet before I can build anything. I’m clean out of free-time at the moment. Until then, BT wins I’m afraid…I can’t wait to null him out!

Cheers

Chris (locator: IO91kw)