LF: loran c closure

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: loran c closure
From: "Laurence KL1X" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2005 00:17:51 -0900
Delivery-date: Thu, 01 Dec 2005 09:18:12 +0000
Sender: [email protected]
"The Norwegian government has decided to close down the Norwegian Loran C stations Berlevåg, Bø, Værlandet and Jan Mayen. These four stations will be taken off air on the 5th January 2006, 12:00 UTC* time.

The German Loran C station at Sylt will go off air on the 1st January 2006, 00:00 UTC* time.

The Danish Loran C station at Ejde will go off air on the 31st December 2005 24:00 UTC* time."

Perhaps I missed the plot but how will these closures improve 136Khz in Europe save our Rugby "trial and tribulaton" - amy word on the direction beyond what you see on the NELS website?

Apologies if Im out of sync (sic) on this, but Im a little pulsed off at the racket.

Laurence