LF: holy days

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: holy days
From: captbrian <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 15:35:23 +0000
Delivery-date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 15:37:04 +0000
Sender: [email protected]
When my children were small the kitchen spoon for draining water from cooked veg. etc. they called the "holey" spoon 'cos it was full of holes.

This brought an anxious enquiry from a child guidance character who was anxious about our religious rituals.... Yer gotta laugh ...or cry.

Bryan  - AC4UA [g3gvb]  afloat this month on a wonderful salty 'ground' .

Quoting John RABSON <[email protected]>:

On 08/12/2005 at 22:33 captbrian wrote:

>Serve you right; you're not supposed to say 'Christmas' for fear of
>upsetting >the heathens ; 'just before the holiday season' is PC
But "holiday" comes from "Holy Day"...

John G3PAI