RE: LF: Fuzzy lines

To: [email protected]
Subject: RE: LF: Fuzzy lines
From: "Laurence KL1X" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 05 Nov 2005 15:40:41 -0900
Delivery-date: Sun, 06 Nov 2005 00:41:53 +0000
Sender: [email protected]
A bit more on the KL7 ghosts.

In Alaska DCF39 didnt have to be strong at all for fuzzies to appear - from memory (also fuzzy) I started to see products on argo dot 60 at detectable CW levels from DCF39. Loran C stations were at TOK, and Kodiak (and others) the nearest a couple of hundred miles away...but they were 20 over even at 137Khz in 2.8Khz b/w. The rx was and still is the 870 and did dissapear with the NB off - the NB by the way on the 870 is very effective visually at knocking off Loran and knocks the 850 into a "cocked hat" NB wise - kinda interesting. Recently (Ok a year or so ago) I remember more discussions on visual by-products being detected by someone but again from a fuzzy memory they werent associated or were eliminated as due to NB or intermods. Not sure if the manifestation was cleared up....

Ill see if I can find some of the old captures from AK but it makes me "homesick" looking at them...

Laurence KL1X/5... yearing for mountains...