LF: Re: How measuring Ground conductivity ?

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: How measuring Ground conductivity ?
From: "Hugh M0WYE" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 17:04:42 -0000
Delivery-date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 17:10:20 +0000
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Uwe,
It is usually recommended to avoid harmonics of the power line frequency. This avoids mains earth-return currents affecting the reading.

Also a 4 probe method, with two outer probes delivering current, and inner ones measuring voltage in the so called "Wenner" configuration is usually used.

However I got similar readings to you - around 10 ohms - with moist, garden soil.

I found the most repeatable readings were when one current and one voltage probe, 1m apart, were seperated by 10s of meters from the other pair - as is used for archeological ground resistance surveys.

73
Hugh M0WYE

----- Original Message ----- From: "Uwe Wensauer" <[email protected]>