LF: 136kHz activity from OE

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: 136kHz activity from OE
From: Heinz Schnait <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 02 Oct 2005 20:26:46 +0200
Delivery-date: Sun, 02 Oct 2005 19:24:21 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Hi everybody

Our local radio club will hold its annual fieldday on Saturday, October 8. This years main activity will be an activation of 136kHz. The operating site is a cottage out in the country. There is electricity but no telephone or internet.

We have two transmitters with spare FET's available (G3YXM designs). Receiving equipment will include various bandpass filters, preamplifiers, a converter and commercial transceivers. The landscape at the operating site is mainly meadows (pasture for cattle) with plenty of old trees around. We plan to build a toploaded Marconi antenna. A vertical section of 15 - 20m and 100 - 200m in two opposite directions should be possible. We have a loading coil wound on a rain barrel and test equipment for resonating the antenna.

We will start at about 0700UTC and operate until the evening hours. The fieldday activity is centered on this one day, but as long as the antenna stays up we might continue working longwave during the week and the following weekends. It certainly will not be a permanent installation. Callsigns on the air will include OE5EEP, OE5ODL, OE5PGL, OE5MW and possibly some others.

One requirement is try weather. If we have to postpone, I will post it here.

73 Heinz, OE5EEP