LF: Re: 136kHz activity from OE

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: 136kHz activity from OE
From: "Alan Melia" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 2 Oct 2005 21:13:53 +0100
Delivery-date: Sun, 02 Oct 2005 21:15:06 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Heinz, try to run a pair of top wires in each direction if you can manage
it separated by at least 0.7m. They only need to be thick enough to support
their weight. Keep them as high as possible and if they need to slope make
it as shallow as possible. This should get the capacitance up above 1000pF
and make loading it a lot easier. It will also reduce your ground losses.
Increasing your ERP considerably.
I look forward to hearing OE again it has been a longtime since I heard it
last.

Do look out for the demo station at the RSGB HF Convention which will
probably be active late Friday and Saturday and early Sunday (Thanks to
Derek and the friends)

Regards de Alan G3NYK