LF: ZM2E operation 5 Oct

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: ZM2E operation 5 Oct
From: "Vernall" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2005 15:06:41 +1300
Delivery-date: Thu, 06 Oct 2005 02:52:01 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Hi all,

Another night where we were happy with ZM2E tx and rx operation, but DX
propagation was poor.

We received nothing from VA7LF but now see from their reflector message
(internet access from home in Wellington) that they received ZM2E before
their sunrise.  We changed from QSO to beacon mode after ZM2E E and there
was an unintended short transmission while a new message was being prepared
for beacon mode, and probably we were in beacon mode while they tried a
reply to us, so do not know if we would have received their last
transmission (but we had obviously no time to be able to complete a QSO).
We remain hopeful that our third and last night will be the best of the QSO
attempts.

R6L had tx problems for the second night running so we had no opportunity to
receive them.  They may have got traces of ZM2E.  Once again we are hoping
that things will work out better tonight.

73, Bob ZL2CA and Mike ZL4OL