LF: Overnight reception in Okie

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Overnight reception in Okie
From: "Laurence KL1X" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2005 07:26:37 -0800
Delivery-date: Wed, 05 Oct 2005 16:27:14 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
I was running two rx stations overnight - one "mobile" with the eprobe magmounted on the car roof, frg100, computer etc and the other being the main station tx loop into the 870.

It was a very very noizy night qrn wise with a strong canadian cold front lifting the warm air and causing flashes and bangs over a huge swarth of the northern plains and lakes area gradually moving in a sweep SE direction. Noiz frrom these storms from the car was avg 9+10-20 with avg agc. I reckon most of the states and Canadian rx stations would be suffering badly (perhaps not...)

Even so Warrens XGJ was visible on both systems for part of the night with Dexs' signal huge most of the time - Both systems also showed MP close to 776 at times

Good visible signals from VA7LF from switch on co channel with ZM2E. I only saw smatterings of what might have been the ZL signal at their transmission times but nothing I can decode. VA7LF continued to be visible some 30 mins after OK dawn, so I know they are radiating stronglyl!

The West coast DOD station close to 136Khz was audibly strong last night and into dawn this morning too, but nothing from CFH.

Im happy with the mobile set up and will be listening from XE mobile from this weekend until the 15th or so.

Laurence KL1X

LF Grabbers on
http://myweb.cableone.net/flow/dx00000.jpg
http://myweb.cableone.net/flow/eu00000.jpg