LF: RE: Re: DFCW (2...with cct)

To: "'[email protected]'" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: RE: Re: DFCW (2...with cct)
From: "OSBORN, Chris" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 17:30:44 +0100
Delivery-date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 17:31:11 +0100
Sender: [email protected]

        Many thanks for the rapid and informative response Alan.
        I'd just drawn out the circuit you described then found
        the attachment later - doh !
        The drawings were the same so your description was fine.
        I've just printed them out and will further digest the info.
        on my train journey home.

I am using a Clapp type xtal oscillator running at 2730 kHz nom. (CW) and 2754 nom. (QRSS).
        I then divide the oscillator frequency by ten and then by two:
        136.5 nom. and 137.7 nom.
I'm switching the xtals and have a series of trimmers in series with each one for discrete frequencies. I may make one of the trimmers 'front panel mounted' for versatility.

        I use 'cwget' for my present QRSS activity, this set to a speed
        of '2' which is about right for QRSS3.

        I've just received your later drawing - many thanks.

The new TX/RX has been under construction for many months as you know but is nearing switch on. The receiver seems ok but there aren't too many stations to listen to at present.
        It has a 1400 kHz xtal filter with 750 Hz bandwidth.

I managed to obtain one of those semiconductor RF design books that you recommended and am slowly plodding my way through it!

        The TX is finished up to the driver stage so maybe this weekend
        I may be able to stick some RF into the long wire !
        No doubt your house lights will dim when I key down - HI!

        73 Chris G3XIZ