Re: LF: GPS ANT

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: GPS ANT
From: [email protected]
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 13:18:14 EDT
Delivery-date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 18:19:09 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
In a message dated 7/22/2005 5:17:40 PM GMT Daylight Time, [email protected] writes:
You certainly can't get much more LF than that:-)

Joking apart, I've never even considered making one.
You can buy them new online for around £15, standard 5 volt supply via the coax, and I would have thought it could end up costing more than that to make your own in small quantities.

regards

Nigel
G8PZR

New to LF I presume because there is a big connection between LF and GPS concerning timing procedures and sync for some experimental data modes on LF.
de G3KEV

Lacking a sense of humour I presume because yes I am aware and thought perhaps the :-) and "joking apart" might just have give a slight clue and perhaps even lifted a smile in return:-)

It was a joke...............J   O    K    E

Joking apart, yet again again, amongst my quite extensive collection of frequency standards and precision oscillators I do have more than one GPS standard.
Although some do come with a supposedly "matched" antenna, badged by the manufacturer, most, if not all, adhere to the common standard.
I've bought antennas from the US for $15 and smilar ones can be bought in the UK for around £15 as I said before so it really isn't worth thinking about building one these days.

regards

Nigel
G8PZR