LF: Re: Suitable ground?

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: Suitable ground?
From: "g3ldo" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2005 19:14:52 +0100
Delivery-date: Sun, 31 Jul 2005 19:07:53 +0100
Sender: [email protected]

VE3EASR said:
The soil at my QTH is composed mostly of gravel, which makes getting a
decent ground for RF purposes rather difficult for two reasons, driving in
ground rods, and
poor soil conductivity.  However, about 150 feet from my house is a water
well in
the form of an 8 inch diameter steel pipe that goes down 275 feet!  Has
anyone
on the list had any experience using such as a ground for a Marconi antenna?

In my experience the performance of different existing grounds for LF is
hard to predict. The only thing is to try it. Note the differences in
antenna current as you connect different grounds.

Peter G3LDO