Re: Re: LF: 756 PRO III on LF?

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: Re: LF: 756 PRO III on LF?
From: Lawrence Mayhead G3AQC <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 23:54:58 +0200 (CEST)
Delivery-date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 22:55:24 +0100
Sender: [email protected]

Message date : Jun 30 2005, 10:14 PM
From : "Steve McDonald"
To : [email protected]
Copy to :
Subject : Re: LF: 756 PRO III on LF?

> Otherwise I find the 756 fine.

Thanks Laurie. I was playing with a friend's new 756 PRO III (he won it at Dayton this year!!) and it seemed very nice down below the BCB but he notices a rise of internal noise from around 250KHz down to 50KHz. The noise is also visible on the scope as a rise in the rx ambient noise floor. I take it that you don't have this problem with yours?

Steve / VE7SL

Hi  Steve

I use mine with a pre-amp so have not noticed any increase in noise. I will try to check it tomorrow and advise.

73 Laurie.

Whatever you Wanadoo

Whatever you Wanadoo