Re: LF: RE: Rugby Loran QRV

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: RE: Rugby Loran QRV
From: [email protected]
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 10:05:52 EDT
Delivery-date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 15:06:44 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
With the introduction of any new system there will be an evaluation of its success and an assessment of the positive and negative aspects of its operation.
I certainly think its worth a letter to 1) The operators 2) The licensing organisation 3) The RSGB EMC committee.

The government's regulator Ofcom now incorporates the Radio Investigation Service. Unfortunately, since January 2005 the 'privatised' RIS now only responds to cases of reported interference.
Their remit no longer includes initiating monitoring tracking and resolving interference or unlicensed operation.
No complaint......no action.

A few timely letters may get a 136kHz 'notch' filter placed in the feeder.

73

David   G0MRF