Re: LF: There's a Wolf in the woods - XES WOLF 29/30 Apr

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: There's a Wolf in the woods - XES WOLF 29/30 Apr
From: [email protected]
Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2005 18:55:24 +0200
Delivery-date: Sat, 30 Apr 2005 17:56:13 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Dave,

> It was going great, then my decoder reset itself for some reason.

The decoder resets after at 32 + 1 frames (96 seconds each), or less, which can be defined on the "WOLF Config" tab of the GUI. It has to, and it makes sense to clear the "memory" of the WOLF decoder from time to time. Otherwise, a strong signal of a few minutes (or so) would fill the decoder's "integrator" (to compare it with analogue circuitry) and other, weaker signals wouldn't have a chance to be decoded.

To use someone else's words:  "It's a feature, not a bug" .

73,  Wolf DL4YHF.

P.S: Thanks to everyone who sent suggestions for the WOLF GUI via direct mail. There will be a new version later, maybe even tonite, which greatly simplifies two-way QSO's by receiving and transmitting automatically in "time slots" (for example, transmit for 15 minutes, then listen for 15 minutes, then transmit again, etc).

--- original Nachricht Ende ----

Amazing! Not sure when this was received, but it was probably around 0400 utc. It was going great, then my decoder reset itself for some reason. Well done everyone! 73, Dave G3WCB IO91RM