LF: Re: WOLF q values

To: RSGB LF Group <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Re: WOLF q values
From: Wolf DL4YHF <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2005 16:45:07 +0200
Delivery-date: Sat, 23 Apr 2005 15:46:19 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
(Sorry for having to send this through the reflector, but my reply to John W1TAG was considered "spam" two times)

Hi John,

A very good and important observation, thanks - indeed when the decoder restarts, it should restart just like the console application, and so should the "q" value. I will try to understand what causes this, most likely just as you expected : A variable which doesnt get cleared when starting over. The WOLF core was not originally designed to be called more than once, it uses some global variables which are only initialized once automatically.

Next plans are a "compare"-function for the received text, which can make an alarm bell ring (or something like that) to get the operator out of bed, a spectrum graph instead of the waterfall, a miniature frequency scale with numeric labels, and a few goodies like an automated RX / TX control which can "answer" a call when a pre-defined string has been received.

Best regards,
 Wolf  DL4YHF .

John Andrews schrieb:

Wolf,

One minor observation on the new version -- when the program recycles after
line 3168, it seems to keep building on the previous "q" (snr) values. Is
that intentional, or just a case of not clearing a variable?  The "jm" and
"pm" values change as if you were starting over, so I had expected that the
"q" value would reset as well.

John A.