Re: LF: G3AQC in ZL

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: G3AQC in ZL
From: Rik Strobbe <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 15:54:48 +0200
Sender: [email protected]
Mike,

"TX/RX synchronisation" would reduce the time occupied by FFT by 100 or more (from several FFT/sec to 1 FFT/min). The "calculation power" that becomes available could be used to improve SNR. But How ? Here we need some smart guys. I think you are even a bit pessimistic about the synchronisation error. It can be reduced to 1/10 of a second or even better, if the PC clock is locked to a GPS source, DCF or similar.

73, Rik ON7YD

Another technique waiting to be developed is pseudo-synchronous
transmit and receive. By that I mean something between QRSS (which is
unsynchronised) and proper synchronisation using complex techniques
that have so far failed to become popular. The fact that Markus could
gain information from comparing the Tx and Rx timing proves this.
With QRSS60 or 120, the synchronisation error could be of the order
of a few seconds!

There are probably some 6 - 10 decibels out there just waiting to be
picked up!

Mike, G3XDV