LF: first TX-tests on 136kHz

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: first TX-tests on 136kHz
From: "Dick" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 21:05:43 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Hello just finished my first TX-tests with low power.
Exciting!!

The antenna currentmeter didn't work, so I had to use a screwdriver with
build-in
neon bulb to tune, hihi.

I also found out that, that simple little earthstick is important.
I disconnected it............wooooooooahh!
Burnt my fingers when touching the ground side of the TX...

Just was running 10-20Watts, with some interesting beginners problems
like ringing and feedback art stuff. Noisy cores etc.

I was able to hear my beacon signal at home on a coaxia loop with abt s7.
The first 2km have been travelled,hi.
Suddenly the signal disappeared while listening, and when arriving at the
TX-site
I could already smell the burnt driver FET...............
It had no heat-sink (the final FET has a big one.........)

Anyway it was fun and exciting. Looking foreward to fire up the big stuff!

73!

Dick, PA4VHF