LF: heard today in CW/antenna tests

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: heard today in CW/antenna tests
From: "Dick" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2005 20:28:22 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
This morning I did some tests on the TX antenna.
I need somewhere around 4mH to get things running on 136kHz,
and found out that the impedance at that point is around 135 Ohm.
Also discovered something not new for me: I have a very poor earth down
there.
Poor conductive sandground............
So adding a 'ground' didn't make any noticable difference.

During the tests I heard in normal CW:

DK7SU  539 wkg DK6NI
G3KEV 579 clg CQ and wkg ON7ZO who was 529

Later at home I heard DJ5DI with 559 on a coaxial loop.

Today I made a 50Ohm to 135 Ohm transformer and an simple antennacurrent
meter.

As soon as I am ready (time problems, sri) I'll run the first TX tests on
136.1kHz with a little
30W X-tal transmitter.
When this works ok, I'll put the 'big stuff' in the air and see if the
antenna won't keep fire......

73

Dick, pa4vhf