LF: Re: Re: Re: DST

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: Re: Re: DST
From: "Alan Melia" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 23:45:41 -0000
Sender: [email protected]
Hi John Uhmmmm Well It takes NOAA about 4 hours to do a planetary K
calculation and the NOAA plot is always a bit behind. But the GEOS Hp and
the Electron Flux plots dont show any disturbance. It could depend on which
stations Kyoto are getting data from. If they have been over-estimating all
day it might be coming back. Certainly the last 5 hours or so Dst estimates
dont look like a transient. Maybe a big bolt of lightning cleared the ring
?? Oh NO.... I know what it is.................. Laurence is back on full
power !!  I wonder whether NASA correlated the "Gap Clearance" with WD2XDW
activity as well as lightning !!  :-))

Cheers de Alan G3NYK