Re: LF: Re:Off topic, spark gaps, from dk8nd

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Re:Off topic, spark gaps, from dk8nd
From: "Alan Melia" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2005 20:49:19 -0000
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Stwart, the same thing is used in surge arrestors for submarine cable
repeaters....the high voltage clamp is a gas tube, but being in the dark it
requires an little ionisation to be sure it strikes at the right voltage.
Some neons wont strike properly if you leave in the drawer for years.

By the way did you get my reply about the HiRose coax lead ?? or are all my
mails falling into your virus trap ??

Cheers de Alan G3NYK