LF: Re:Off topic, spark gaps, from dk8nd

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re:Off topic, spark gaps, from dk8nd
From: "Hans-Albrecht Haffa" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 22:20:09 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Dear Dick, spark gaps are a genuine way of measuring high voltages in a HV-Laboratory. There exist tables for DC and AC 50 Hz. Spark gaps must be used, as it is impossible to use a rotary swich in a meter at 100kV or more. oen of the spheres is doped with an radioactive element to cause discharge always at the same place on the spheres surface. Break down voltage is checked with observers eye and ears and depends on Voltage (ac/dc, HF), temperature, humidity and absolute air pressure. An uncertainity of about +-2% may be obtained in voltage-measurements. A gross value for break down voltage is 30 kV/cm. Try to get into contact with an advanced engineering school teaching energy technics, machine engineering and High frequency technics. If the schools is specialized on contemporary data processing, electronics and international economy, You are wrong, so an traditional institution is recommended. In my case it is "Georg-Simon-Ohm-Fachhochschule Nürnberg".

73,
Hans-Albrecht
DK 8 ND

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht (HTML) wurde als Anlage beigefügt.-----