Re: LF: G3AQC

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: G3AQC
From: Lawrence Mayhead G3AQC <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2005 15:13:54 +0100 (CET)
Sender: [email protected]

Message date : Mar 12 2005, 01:48 PM
From : "Les Thompson"
To : [email protected]
Copy to :
Subject : LF: G3AQC
Hello Laurie

You are weak but audible up here in the NE just north of Whitley Bay.

IO95FB 55N 1.54W

Receiving on an Icom PCR1000 with a 1 meter square loop spiral wound
sitting a few feet away from me in the shack.

No tx here on any band at the moment except 70cms and we are to far
apart for that.

Les G8ARF / G3VYZ

Hi Les,

 Many thanks for the report, there does not seem to be much activity  today did hear G3KEV earlier, he ought to be a big signal with you,also DL3FDWO calling for OH or SM, HI.

Thanks for info on your equipment , you are doing pretty well with a small loop indoors, no doubt you get quite a lot of mains bourne interference, would be a good idea to site the Ant. outside the house if possible. Also a larger loop might give you a better sig/noise (that is Rx noise ) ratio.

Running here 1W ERP , the TX is a Racal Decca at about 800 W and the Tx Ant a vert. 50' high with 600' of top load. Rx Ant, large wire loop in the trees 20' high and 200' long.Home made tuned pre-amp to old IC781, which is just fine on 137.

Hope to hear you on some time, and a X band QSO would be great. ( I am QRV on 160/80/40)

Many 73 Laurie

Whatever you Wanadoo