LF: Re: Big Bad Amps -or " Practical use of Wilkinson combiner"

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: Big Bad Amps -or " Practical use of Wilkinson combiner"
From: "Scott Tilley" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2005 08:13:50 -0800
Sender: [email protected]
Jan-Martin

I've never encountered a situation where something works that would be
labelled misuse.  You must have a PhD.

Bad practice to some may be good practice for others.  We had two seperately
built 500W transmitters we wished to combine.  Why build a new one?  Second
the combiner acts as a filter so we could remove the two redundant LPFs.
From experiment I can push the two seperate transimitters abit more without
threat of an over current shutdown...

Don't be so negative.  It works and it took only a few hours to rig....

Thinking outside the box...
73 Scott