LF: Re: VE1ZZ

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: VE1ZZ
From: "Alan Melia" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 22:56:42 -0000
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Warren if I remember rightly  from the early T/A days VE1ZZ is Jack a
veteran 160m who was active with a 136 authority for about a year or so. He
was regularly seen in the UK on 3 sec dot QRSS must be about 4 years ago now
(In fact it was even suggested that he might have been audible one night).
Jack did not have internet access but did use the DX Clusters. I often
reported reception to him over the local cluster.  VE1ZJ is John who was
part of many of the early experiments. He used to live in Stanley NS (may
still) and had a summer retreat at Big Pond. I believe Jack has a sea-side
location as I believe a lot of his 160m antennas are out over salt marsh or
sea water. Yes Jack has a very quiet location.....John in town is not so
lucky but did receive some good signals in town on a loop antenna. John did
get involved in local politics at one time.........though I dont think he
was elected !!.

Cheers de Alan G3NYK