LF: RE: G4WGT - <another> Report

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: RE: G4WGT - <another> Report
From: "Gary - G4WGT" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2005 22:05:20 -0000
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Dave,

Thanks for screen shot, I can just see a faint trace on Markus's grabber.

Tha antenna has a vertical of 14 mtrs to the top of the mast of which the
top 4 mtrs is fibreglass, the vertical is stood off from the mast by about
1.5 mtrs on a fibreglass arm to about 10 mtrs up, the vertical goes
diagonaly to the top at 14 mtrs. There are then 4 radials comming down to
join the first top turn on a double spiral end/top load of approx 1 mH
(about 1.3 x 1.3 mtrs square) then 2 bow tie radials from the last bottom
turn for additional capacity. The antenna current tonight using 200 watts
was 1.6 Amps. The modified G0MRF Tx PA will go to 645 watts DC input if I
dare risk it into the antenna. I am using a 240 v mains variac on the supply
to control the Tx output but it gets quite hot so it must be at its limit
when controlling the Tx at 200 watts, I will have to find a higher current
variac to go to higher power safely.

I will probably run more tests during weekday evenings. Going down stairs to
join the XYL now.

73

Regards,

Gary - G4WGT - IO83qp