LF: Re: 135922

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: 135922
From: "Alan Melia" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 10:53:27 -0000
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Alex, Propagation certainly was not as good as it has been recently.
there were only traces of John, Joe and Warren on my captures overnight. The
Coronal Hole high speed stream has had its effect on the D-layer and I think
there is a night-time absorbing layer. The plot from Brian CT1DRP shows
night-time received levels from DCF39 across Europe as 10dB below "normal",
and daytime signals enhanced by about 6 to 8dB (due possibly to a higher
ionisation in the D-layer?).  Hopefully as the Dst index has not risen too
much there should be a recovery of better conditions in a few days.

73 de Alan G3NYK
alan.melia(at)btinternet.com