LF: VO1NA

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: VO1NA
From: Joe Craig <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2005 18:27:19 -0330 (NST)
Sender: [email protected]
Dear Group,

We finally got a bit of sun today so I put most of the 100 metre
wire back in the air.  The average height is about 6 metres and the
peak is about 15 metres.  It is shaped as an inverted V.

It took about 1.6 mH to load, but the aerial current is quite low--
0.8 A so it's not much better than the 160m beverage that was used
recently. The effective height should be greater so signals should be
a bit stronger.   Will be on at ~2330 tonight QRSS120.

Thanks to Brian CT1DRP for alerting me to the frequency drift of +0.06Hz.
This has been corrected using the nearby LORAN line and hopefully the
sigs will be closer to 137.777 kHz.

73
Joe