LF: Re: 139 kHz FSK

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: 139 kHz FSK
From: "Alan Melia" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2005 00:33:08 -0000
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Jose I think the station you are hearing is probably TBA the Turkish Navy
station.....my list says it is locatated Ankara, but I have no idea how
accurate that it. It is a strange one because it sits between the mark and
space of DCF39...I have a PDF file of some of the generally heard stations
in the region below 150kHz....not original, copied from someone's site. I
can attach it to a personal message if you would like a copy.

Daytime conditions have been very good for a few days now but they were
beginning to show some drop off on the 1st...I have looked at the levels on
Brian's real-time plot for 2nd, and they were still up today. Avoid the
period before about 1000z particularly if it is a predominantly N<>S path,
best strength should be at about 1200z when the sun is highest at mid path.
Brain's plot does show some multipath as there is an initial good peak and
then a quite deep fade on DCF39.

Good Luck

73 de Alan  G3NYK
alan.melia(at)btinternet.com