Re: LF: Re: Re: Coil Winding, de VY1JA

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Re: Re: Coil Winding, de VY1JA
From: Warren K2ORS/WD2XGJ <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 18:06:29 +0000
Sender: [email protected]
I should have pointed out in my last post that I realized the result through
dimensional analysis:
the term   lxd^2 has dimesions of length cubed
in order for D to be in length units, the exponent of the above term must be
1/3, not 1/4

--
73 Warren K2ORS/WD2XGJ
FN42hi

 An article called Low Frequency Coil Q, by Bill Bowers, is reproduced in the
> Low Frequency Experimenter's Handbook, Page 65

Be careful ! There is a typo in this article in the Low Frequency Experimenter's Handbook.
  The equation for D on p.66 reads:
D = 6x[lxd^2]^1/4
If you use this equation you cannot reproduce the result shown in the example.
  The final exponent should be 1/3 not 1/4, the equation should read:
D = 6x[lxd^2]^1/3

--
73 Warren K2ORS/WD2XGJ
FN42hi