Re: LF: RE: Test G3YXM?

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: RE: Test G3YXM?
From: Steve Dove <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 16:34:29 -0000
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Dave,

Poor '735!

From what I remember when using my trusty ole '735 at LF a few years ago, the
main culprit is a VCXO used to do the 1st. IF to 2nd. IF conversion and fill in the 10Hz tuning steps; the master PLL ref. osc. and the carrier insertion oscs. are fairly blameless. Maybe ovening that crystal a la Lyle Koehler might help, rather than trying to get a screaming confession from the radio as a whole . . .

http://www.cpinternet.com/~lyle/all-in-one/all-in-1.htm

       Cheers,

               Steve