Re: LF: Antenna plans de J.

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Antenna plans de J.
From: "Alexander S. Yurkov" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 17:56:18 +0000 (GMT)
Sender: [email protected]

Dear J,

On Mon, 10 Jan 2005, J. Allen wrote:

Alex, Thank you for your continuing help. I am retired and live on a fixed, small income. Litz (sp?) wire in not being considered.

Solid coper wire yelds Q-factor about 1/2 of Q-factor with Litz. Certanly
with solid wire nice Q-factor is also reachible. But wireing step should
be twice of wire diameter. If wire is too thin then coil wil be too short
(optimal lenght of coil is about 1/2 of coil diameter).

How big does the elevated counterpoise need to be at LF to be effective?

This can be illustrated by picture in attachment. But I should to note
this is result of my original theory only. It is NOT tested experimentaly.
So I am not absolutely shure this is not wrong. I have compare this
theory with nec-2 modeling with Sommerfeld-Norton ground description.
It much very well. But this is for elevated conterpoise only.
NEC-2 can not modeling burred conterpoise unfortunely. NEC-4 is not
reachable for me. For experimental testing I have no oportunety also. No
such a site...

73 de RA9MB/Alex
http://www.qsl.net/ra9mb