LF: Re: LDE ...

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: LDE ...
From: "Holger 'Geri', DK8KW" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2005 18:27:35 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
... some years ago there was a beautiful story in the CQ of two young ham
radio operators who find some old radio gear in the attic, that once was the
shack of the father of one of the two boys. They manage to switch on the
gear, tune a surprisingly quiet 40 m band and have a few very nice QSOs, all
with W1, W3, W7 stations with two letter suffixes. When they start to look
up the adresses of their QSO partners in the callbook to exchange QSLs, they
realize that none of the callsigns exists ... they are all sk ... they try
to swich on the gear again to verify their findings but it is silent forever

Geri, DK8KW (W1KW, one of those callsigns that once belonged to Perce Allen,
a ham who passed away long long time ago ...)

----- Original Message ----- From: <[email protected]>