LF: Mixers - thanks for info.

To: RSGB LF Group <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Mixers - thanks for info.
From: Wolf DL4YHF <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2005 22:12:21 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Many thanks Brian, Gary, Alberto and Dave, and of course Andy who wrote the initial message,

> [from G4JNT] I did once make some measurements using an FST3125 bus switch
> in a simple a double balanced mixer.

Exactly that was I was looking for - a fast "bus" switch with low on-resistance. Hopefully easier to find than some Plessey ICs..

I will try this in an image-cancelling mixer for my next LF exciter, maybe also in a new receiver.

So far, a cheap 4.4336119 MHz crystal, a CMOS 4060 oscillator/divider, and an EXOR gate are all it takes to generate an 138.5 kHz quadrature signal to the two mixers...

Regards,
Wolf DL4YHF .