LF: CQ Crossband QSO Schedule - VE7SL

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: CQ Crossband QSO Schedule - VE7SL
From: "Steve McDonald" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2004 14:20:45 -0800
Sender: [email protected]

Encouraged by the recent succesful crossband QSO (2200m / 80m cw) with
Roger, K0MVJ  near Duluth, I am hoping to be able to promote further LF
activity and interest in this two-way mode. Accordingly, I will be calling
CQ tonight on the following schedule, followed by a short listening period
for replies on both 80m CW (3.555mHz) and 40m CW (7.055mHz).

I will be transmitting in QRSS20 using a dash/dot ratio of 2:1 (40sec
dash/20sec dot). Times are UTC.

0300 - 0316 CQ (137.5735)
0316 - 0320 Listening HF
0330 - 0346 CQ (137.5735)
0346 - 0350 Listening HF

I will repeat this schedule through to 0650Z. The only thing that would
disrupt the transmitting schedule would be a QSO exchange after which I will
call CQ again until the end of the scheduled period.

To be logged as a valid QSO, the following minimum information exchange is
required by both stations:

RECEPTION OF BOTH CALLS
RECEPTION OF YOUR SIGNAL REPORT
CONFIRMATION ('R') OF RECEIPT OF YOUR SIGNAL REPORT BY THE OTHER STATION

A typical 'ideal' QSO might look like this:

LF QRSS: CQ VE7SL K
HF CW: VE7SL VE7SL VE7SL de W9XXX W9XXX W9XXX K
LF QRSS: W9XXX VE7SL 5NN K
HF CW: VE7SL de W9XXX RRR RRR OOO OOO BK
LF QRSS: R R R K
HF CW: VE7SL de W9XXX FB 73 73 TU SK SK
LF QRSS: (not required) 73 TU

The "OOO" is my signal report, and can only be sent once you have BOTH calls
OK.
All exchange of information must take place via the crossband mode and no HF
transmissions from this end will be made. If initially you have not copied
one or the other call 100% it is fine to ask for that information only to be
sent again...ex:

LF QRSS: W9XXX VE7SL 5NN K
HF CW: VE7SL de W9XXX NEED UR CALL AGN PSE (or "MY CALL") (or "BOTH CALLS")

Once you have both calls OK then you can send the "O" report.
The same would apply for missing signal report or 'Roger' report...just ask
for a repeat.
It is also not required to copy a full call in one complete pass. You may
get "VE7?L" the first time and "V?7SL" the next time which then gives you a
complete call. BTW...these are not my rules(!) but long-established
protocols for both EME and meteor-scatter contacts as well as LF work in
Europe.

Anyway...it's just an experiment for tonight to see if there is any
interest.

Steve / VE7SL / CN88iu / Mayne Island, B.C.

QRSS20 137.5735 400W
QSX 3555kHz / 7055kHz

Web: "THE VE7SL RADIO NOTEBOOK" at   http://www.imagenisp.ca/jsm
[L.F. Loops] [Tuna Tin DX] [H.F. Maritime DX] [Crystal Radio DXing]
[2200m Band] [NDB DX] [Boatanchors]