LF: Linear amplifiers , MSK, and 500kHz

To: "'[email protected]'" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Linear amplifiers , MSK, and 500kHz
From: Andy <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 13:17:22 -0000
Sender: [email protected]
Has anyone got anywhere with developing soundcard based MSK ? Surely that is the next obvious move on LF where switch mode PAs rule and a linear PA isn't a realistic option for high powers, knocking PSK31 on the head.

Just as a novel test (at very low poer of course :-) I tried tuning up the T antenna at 500kHz. A variometer purchased at a junk sale a few years ago - an old NDB thing I guess, that tunes over 100 to 400nH, worked instantly, and I had about 30 - 40 ohms antenna resistance at resonance.

Any moves on that band ???

Andy  G4JNT