LF: Loading coil - suggestions - many thanks

To: "LF Group (E-mail)" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Loading coil - suggestions - many thanks
From: "OSBORN, Chris" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 13:25:15 -0000
Sender: [email protected]

        LF group

        Many thanks for  the useful advice and information.
        I have printed off all comments and will have a serious re-think
about my loading coil design.

        The wooden dowels I used were 3/8 th inch softwood and the whole
frame was varnished several times.
        I think, from what's been  said that the Q factor I am getting on
both my coils is rather low being in the order of  70 - 85 !!

        When suspended under the vertical down lead the loading coil is
necessarily close to my wooden fence - probably only 18 inches away.
        It sounds as though this is not ideal !

        I run an output power of about 90 watts with a  measured aerial
current of 1.2 A on a good (dry) day.

        Am I correct in assuming that I can't attach .bmp photos to the
group E-mails ?

        73

        Chris G3XIZ

If you have received it in error then you must not use, retain, disseminate or
otherwise deal with it.
The views of the author may not necessarily constitute the views of EADS
Astrium Limited.
Nothing in this email shall bind EADS Astrium Limited in any contract or
obligation.

EADS Astrium Limited, Registered in England and Wales No. 2449259