Re: Re: LF: Loading coil - suggestions

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: Re: LF: Loading coil - suggestions
From: John Andrews <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 20:37:41 +0000
Sender: [email protected]
Chris, et al,

After reading Jim's post, some memories came back. The old-timer I first worked for in broadcasting made a few coils while I was there. He kept a supply of very old, very dry maple wood to use in the forms. I seem to recall that he would cut up all of the pieces, and boil them in beeswax for a period of time before assembling and winding the coil.
I also remember that he varnished some of the coils, but don't recall asking
about how the varnish and wax got along with each other.

John Andrews