LF: Loading coil - suggestions

To: "LF Group (E-mail)" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Loading coil - suggestions
From: "OSBORN, Chris" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 12:43:27 -0000
Sender: [email protected]

        I've just spent some time constructing a new 136 kHz aerial loading
coil and the results are most disappointing.
.
        It is of basket weave construction on a 7 pointed dowelled wooden
former with a mean diameter of about 20 inches.
        The wire is the same gauge as my old 'brewing bin' coil yet the Q is
lower and the aerial current correspondingly down.

        The plastic R/S  4mm (tapping) terminals are well insulated on
perspex strips and I was expecting great things of it.

        Can anyone suggest where I've gone wrong ?

        My earlier E-mail to the group vanished - perhaps I should not have
included a .bmp attachment !

        73

        Chris G3XIZ

If you have received it in error then you must not use, retain, disseminate or
otherwise deal with it.
The views of the author may not necessarily constitute the views of EADS
Astrium Limited.
Nothing in this email shall bind EADS Astrium Limited in any contract or
obligation.

EADS Astrium Limited, Registered in England and Wales No. 2449259