LF: Re: RE: RSGB LF Convention / demo station.

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: RE: RSGB LF Convention / demo station.
From: "Derek Atter" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 00:09:46 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
To The LF Group,

I can confirm the information posted by Jim, M0BMU and David, G0MRF regarding the LF station planned to be set up at the RSGB HFC2004 Conference to be held this coming weekend in Crawley West Sussex. We hope to be up and running on the 136Khz band some time in the early evening  of Friday 22nd October until at least  early afternoon of Sunday 24th Oct dependent on activity. We also hope to do some overnight work depending of course on operator availability.

We intend to put on a reasonably serious station running 1Kw into an off-set "T" antenna with two parallel top loading wires between spreaders each about 40m long sloping up from about 15m AGL at one end to around 30m at the other end being supporting by a mobile lattice tower. This will provide a vertical radiator section of approximately 20m.

The TCVR will be a FT1000MP driving a modified ex-Decca TX  with the option to take received signals either from the transmit antenna or from the remote 136Khz receiver of MB7LF, the linear translator station relaying signals from 136Khz on 2m and located on a quiet site only a few km away at the local Crawley Club HQ in an area of forest. This will provide some insurance against any possible local high level noise QRM originating from the Hotel or from local 415V agricultural power lines running only 60m or so away in the field behind the hotel.

I held back posting this info until now because we do not yet have the info from the RSGB on the allocated special event callsign for the conference but we believe that it will be MB4HFC or something similar. I will update the callsign info via the reflector as soon as it is confirmed.

We look forward to generating plenty of 136Khz activity - mainly hand keyed CW but also of course QRSS.

73,  de  Derek,  G3GRO