Re: LF: xdw making the lights dim in Okie (and they do)

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: xdw making the lights dim in Okie (and they do)
From: WE0H Mike <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2004 20:29:20 -0500
Sender: [email protected]
Laurence,

She's looking a bit healthy up here tonight. I think ur gonna re-define Dogbones. :-D

Later,
Mike

Laurence KL1X wrote:

Ive invoked the Decca amp (thanks Crawley club!) and it needs a bit of tweaking, but we are running close to 30-35A aerial current into the loop as is and nothing cap/toroid wise is getting warm - final power will be around 1Kw when ive done the final tweeks to the coils in the PA.

Ground wave tests whilst mobile using an E probe and FT817 and XDW at 180W with the MRF amp (12 amps AEI) had the signal CW audible to 500 miles whilst drive on I40, so it looks, even given the diminutive size relative to lambda, that these things radiate quite well .-3dB points look like 110 deg on this one, and Eu is around 1-1.5dB down on the main lobe - Northern Africa gets the biggest theoretical signal towards the East.

Let the games begin.

Laurence KL1X/5 Okie

Beacon status
http://myweb.cableone.net/flow