Re: LF: No trace of VO1NA this night in JO65BP

To: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: No trace of VO1NA this night in JO65BP
From: Hartmut Wolff <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2004 22:02:10 +0200
Sender: [email protected]
Hello Wolf,

no I did not use any kind of noiseblanker when making the recording.

The noiseblanker of the NRD-525 is unable to blank noise if there is a
stronger signal in the range of the 1st IF (+/-15 kHz). DCF39 is much
stronger than most of the QRN.

I have not tried the noiseblanker in the used Spectrum Lab version
v2.4b12 yet. Many thanks for this great software.

73
Hartmut

Hello Hartmut,

Amazingly clear image despite QRN .. never was able to copy VO1NA so
clearly, so for my curiosity : Did you use any kind of noiseblanker
when making the recording, hard- or software ?

Greetings all,

Wolf DL4YHF/DF0WD
- still damned to be LWL (longwave listener) -