Re: LF: LF components ...more

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: LF components ...more
From: Claudio Pozzi <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2004 09:13:14 +0200
Sender: [email protected]
On Thursday 16 September 2004 00:12, Alan Melia wrote:

P.S for the RX builders Order code 12-0274 is the GEC-Plessey
SL6440 high performance mixer, mis-described as a "complete radio
IF chip". These are very good performance double balanced mixers
(Gilbert cell I think) as used in the AOR 7030, and many high end
receivers.( I think they mixed it up with the SL644/1644 which is
an FM IF chip.) These are very hard to get these days and although
a little old now,  can only be outshone by the likes of Colin
Horrabin's H-mixer, I believe.

SL6440 is a good mixer, low IMD but high noise. For HF receiver it require a preamplifier also for 7 MHz band.

73 de Claudio, ik2pii
--
Claudio Pozzi  -  Happy Linux User  -  http://www.qsl.net/ik2pii

Sponsor:

Hai dei virus sul tuo PC ma non sai come eliminarli? Allora impara come

* rimuovere i virus.

Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=1557&d=16-9