LF: Water softeners (was Rugue DVD)

To: "LF-Group" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Water softeners (was Rugue DVD)
From: "Alan Melia" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 15:58:27 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Brian, I would hope none one on this group would be so gullible. There is
absolutely no scientific evidence for their claims. The crystals are
balanced ...no net charge, and the resonances of the lattice are in the GHz
range not at LF. You cant "change the shape of crystals" it is a function of
the atom sizes and the electronic bonding. I have noticed a marked reduction
in limescale formation here in East Anglia, a very hard water area....but
its due to blending by the water company. No one gets pure bore-water
anymore but has it blended with surface stored water. I also dont
"over-boil" the water in my kettle and rinse it out regularly.

We once appraoched the technical bods at Anglian Water and they were a bit
bemused by it.....but said  "If it really worked that well....dont you think
we would have a B****y big one on every water tower ??"

Their success is just a measure of the poor scientific and technical
knowledge of the average UK school leaver (despite to so called inprovement
in GCSE standards) The is O-level chemistry, at least that's what it was
called 50 years ago....School Cert in your day Bryan ??

One the same score there was a guy doing a bomb selling cheap (10p) magnets
for £5 round here to improve your gas central heating efficiency. He
demonstrated them by putting one beside his gas cigarette-lighter and
showing how much bigger the flame became !! Of course you know why....??

Out American friends call it "snake oil"........

Cheers de Alan G3NYK