LF: Re: Re: CW

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: Re: CW
From: "captbrian" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2004 07:30:50 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
It seems to me that if some Beaconing stations were on straightforward CW instead of the interesting but  esoteric computerised QRSSS visual modes then newcomers (to LF) could  at least identify  what they were recieving and assess/improve their RX and antenna arrangements. So far I have heard one amateur station in several months and even that was not with a BFO but beating with the  shush-bip-bip shush bip-bip shush bip-bip  signal which permeates the band and drives me up the wall if I leave the rx running in the hope of hearing an amateur signal.. . Needless to say he disappeared before I could begin to do any experimenting with RX settings.

 Peeps are about to tell me my rx's are  not selective enough, I know, but it would be nice to have a signal on which to work.!!

Bryan G3GVB