LF: Re: Web site

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: Web site
From: "Stewart Nelson" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2004 23:52:34 -0700
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Alberto,

The new site is awesome!  From here in Reno, Nevada (near the US
west coast), one can download the larger files at > 250 kilobytes / sec.
This compares with about 4.4 kilobytes / sec. from qsl.net .

I was confused at first, because the new site sometimes seemed slow.
It turned out that some areas, e.g. DSPBOX, point to qsl.net,
but still show i2phd.com in the address bar, because of the frameset.
Of course, any links from there will take you to the qsl.net site.

73,

Stewart KK7KA

----- Original Message ----- From: "Alberto di Bene" <[email protected]>
Sent: Monday, July 05, 2004 2:05 PM
Subject: LF: Web site

Could you please all of you do me a favour ?
As you may know, my Web site http://www.weaksignals.com
is physically hosted by qsl.net, which more often than not is abysmally slow.

So I found a new host here in Italy, which looks much faster, at least to me.
But I am fearing this my impression is distorted by the fact that between
me and that host there are only a few hops.
Could you please check whether from the rest of Europe and better yet
from the US the speed of this host is significantly better than that of qsl.net ?

Just point your browser to http://weaksignals.i2phd.com
and compare the speed to that of http://www.weaksignals.com
Depending on your reports I will or will not make the switchover, thanks.

73  Alberto  I2PHD