LF: Jupiter GPS Module programming

To: "'[email protected]'" <[email protected]>, "'[email protected]'" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Jupiter GPS Module programming
From: Andy <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 13:09:08 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Can anyone who has programmed this module from first principles help??

I'm trying to write some code to communicate with the Connexant Jupiter T GPS module, as used in the simple GPS Disciplined Oscillator mentioned on these reflectors recently. It isn't necessary to 'talk' to the module for the GPSDO to work, but I want to to be able to do this in order to add GPS validity checking, and get a diplay of time and location from the NMEA string. The problem is this :

I have an RS232 connection set up, the flash boot mssage appears on the display so I know the serial link is working. I can generate (what I think are) the correct binary values and checksums to send to the module, but there is no acknowledgement at all from it - just appears deaf and dumb.

If anyone has managed to communicate with one of these, can I have a look at either your source code or at least an exact set of values to send to the module to ellicit some response.

Ultimately, all I need to do is to send it the correct data needed to output NMEA data so it sends the GPSRMC string once per second, so all my existing PIC software can read the data it wants.

Andy  G4JNT