LF: Thanks from G3JRL

To: "lf group" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Thanks from G3JRL
From: "Frederick John Armstrong" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2004 19:56:44 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Hello all.

I would like to thank those who kindly called me and gave reports last weekend. Also thanks to those who sent me e-mails.

I wonder Bryan (G3GVB) if you did copy me on Sunday at 1000 as you suggested? I was on working others at that time.

Thank you Tom (G3OLB), Werner (ON6ND), Laurie G3AQC), Jeff PA0SE, Dick (F6BWO) for the fine qsos and reports all of which enabled me to assess the progress I had made, and need to make. Thanks to you Alan (G3NYK) for the reports and all the advice and your suggestions for the future experimentation.

Thanks to you Derek ( G3GRO) for your e-mail. Glad you have followed my progress and hope to have that qso with you soon.

It was rather a pity that there was so much QRN which prevented perfect copy. Jeff, I think I was mean with my report to you as I really could copy a lot of what you sent to me and Werner. The QRN was S6 with me and I have noticed that it has increased gradually as I improved my antenna. Fairly obvious I guess. I do use my tuned and amplified loop antenna for reception placed so that it does not pick up local qrn but the main tx antenna is now inducing QRN into the loop so I guess maybe I should move the two apart if I can.

Further activity will be during the weekend as I try to improve what I have during the week between much gardening.

Thanks to you all and thanks for the interesting discussions I see on Reflector. My tx is based on G0MRF design so of course it has got me thinking how I should experiment with mine.

73 From John, G3JRL.