LF: Re: CQs on 136

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: CQs on 136
From: "Derek Atter" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2004 15:34:06 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
John,

Don't despair! You are putting out a good signal into this neck of the woods with your new system -I have been hearing you regularly . My antenna system is down at the moment due to other activities but I hope to join you operating hand sent CW again ere long!!

73,  de  Derek Atter G3GRO ,  Crawley West Sussex
Sent: Sunday, May 23, 2004 7:48 PM
Subject: LF: CQs on 136

Hello again folks.

I have been sending copious cqs during the week and especially today, Sunday, morning. No reports of being heard so I wonder did anyone out there hear my signals I wonder?

I have made improvements to my antenna since I had contacts with Jim M0BMU and Tom, G3OLB last weekend and thanks to you both for the encouraging reports.

Since then I have put a second wire on the horizontal part to increase the capacitance ans it made quite a difference to the loading coil turns to achieve resonance with an increase in antenna current.  I have also increased the height of the top wires to 50 ft so I did think I would be getting somewhere. Maybe you were all outside enjoyong the sun and who could blame you?

Will be continuing with the calls as and when I can so if you hear me would you please report to me?

Thanks and 73 from John, G3JRL, Weymouth.