LF: LF rx operation - from Fiji

To: [email protected], [email protected]
Subject: LF: LF rx operation - from Fiji
From: "Laurence KL1X" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 10 May 2004 18:24:05 -0800
Sender: [email protected]
Confirming Ill be setting up in Fiji 3D2 on 19/20th June and should be receiving up till around 8th July - these dates may vary but its hope the station will stay monitoring even if Im not as base camp some 45 miles drive from Suva on the S side of the Island.

This side doesnt favor "going North" paths but seeing as I cant see to guarantee which way the signals come from I dont its too bad a location being less than a mile from the coast.

Rx antennae will be a "steerable" K9AY + pre amp being deployed to reduce the likely qrmn. Rx tests continue here at the moment but it will be the TS870/850 or FRG100 - these dates may coincide with some other LF tests but dont let the fact its summer in Eu and winter in Oz/nz stop any experimentation. DCf39 will be used as the LF Eu beacon. I maybe able to upload Argos' to my present website http://myweb.cableone.net/flow if I can get more than 9.6K out of the landlines.

Talk back on HF is likely but Im still (since Jan!) waiting for the callsign - the ministry has just moved and a lot of applications have been mislaid including mine.

Im on the island to set up an mulitsite HF net and teach some of the charity staff what a dipole isnt. (http://www.raleighinternational.org.uk) so this isnt just a ham dxexpedition and time will be shared - I also hope to sit on a beach for a while with my wife! More when I have it.

Future expeditions to Southern Patagonia in October are likely but I know I have the Andes in the way for a lot of directons, but there again it didnt stop Eu reception in the centre of the volcanoes in Costa Rica.

Laurence KL1X/5, wd2xdw  ...-.-

MSN Toolbar provides one-click access to Hotmail from any Web page – FREE download! http://toolbar.msn.com/go/onm00200413ave/direct/01/